Mission, Vision and Values
The mission of the Teacher Education Council of State Colleges and Universities (TECSCU) is to advance and enhance high quality educator preparation within comprehensive public colleges and universities.
In doing so, the organization significantly contributes to the enrichment of P-12 education and the core values of our diverse, democratic society. TECSCU is the distinct national voice on matters of importance to educator preparation programs at public colleges and universities. TECSCU strives to advance access to and the quality of public educator preparation; and to illuminate the significance of public educator preparation programs.
TECSCU amplifies the distinct contributions its members make to the ever-evolving preparation and professional development needs of educators in partnership with P-12 education. TECSCU endeavors to expand the influence its members have on educational policy and practice.
- We value rigorous comprehensive public educator preparation grounded in research and clinical practice. Such preparation results in analytical and caring professionals who make decisions based on the needs of P-12 learners.
- We value the power of good teaching as the foundation of individual empowerment and a well educated democratic society. Dedicated, well prepared and effective educators engage with community agencies/organizations for developing the whole individual.
- We value robust partnerships with P-12 education stakeholders that promote the successful professional preparation of effective practitioners.
- We value diversity and equity within the profession.
- We value the application of the highest standards for student success.
- We value evidence-based decision making as essential to continuous improvement.
|Sat Mar 01, 2014 @ 7:30AM - 11:30PM|
TECSCU Winter Conference